Kent County, Texas Genealogy
- This article is about a county in the state of Texas. For other uses, see Kent (disambiguation).
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Kent County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar and Young Land Districts and organized in 1892. County seat: Clairemont (1892- 1954); Jayton (1954-present). 
1955--The Old Kent County Courthouse in Clairmont, built in 1893, was burned in April 1955. The building was vacant due to the county seat having moved to Jayton in 1952. No record loss. 
Places / Localities
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- GenDisasters.com Claremont, TX Kent County Courthouse Fire, Apr 1955 http://www3.gendisasters.com/texas/7493/clairemont-tx-kent-county-courthouse-fire-apr-1955