Kidder County, North Dakota Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:09, 13 August 2012 by Christophergreen (added battle)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1873--Kidder County was created 4 January 1873 from Buffalo County. County seat: Steele 
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battles were fought in Kidder County.
- July 24-25, 1863 = Big Mound
- July 26, 1863 = Hatteras Inlet Batteries, also known as Forts Clark and Hatteras
- Map showing Civil War battles in North Dakota.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Kidder County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August, 2012)
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)