Kiowa County, Oklahoma Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
P.O. Box 653
Hobart, OK 73651-0653
1901--Kiowa County was created in 1901 from Kiowa-Comanche-Apache and Caddo-Wichita lands.
County seat: Hobart 
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Kiowa County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Probate records may be available by contacting the County Clerk's office.
See the article Oklahoma Vital Records for information about birth and death records. These records are kept at the State level.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).