Kit Carson County, Colorado Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
'1889--Kit Carson County was created 11 April 1889 from Elbert County. County seat: Burlington 
Places / Localities
Yuma, Washington, Lincoln and Cheyenne
Kit Carson County Old Age Pension Records 1933-1936. An Index compiled from the offical record of the applications granted by the Kit Carson County Commissioners during these years. Record may show the following:
- Name of Applicant
- Date and Amount of pension payment
- Any adjustments to the pension
- Person's age
- Town nearest to where they lived
- Other Actions done by the County
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).