Klickitat County, Washington Genealogy
Guide to Klickitat County Washington genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Klickitat County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||December 20, 1859|
|Address|| Klickitat County Courthouse|
205 S Columbus Avenue Room 204
Goldendale, WA 98620
Klickitat County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Cemeteries
- 2.4 Census
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Land and Property
- 2.13 Maps
- 2.14 Migration
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 2.25 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 Klickitat County Washington Genealogy References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 20 December 1859 from Skamania County
- County seat: Goldendale 
- Neighboring Counties: Benton, Gilliam, Hood River, Morrow, Sherman, Skamania, Wasco, Yakima
- 1890 Veterans
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
The Yakama Indian Reservation is located primarily in Yakima County, with a small portion in Klickitat County.
A county history summary is available at http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=7800
Land and Property
Some military records for this county have been digitized at the Washington State Digital Archives.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
- Marriages beginning 20 Aug 1867 are available from the Western States Marriage Index website.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Klickitat County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Klickitat County Washington Genealogy References
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Klickitat County, Washington page 733, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.