Knox County, Ohio Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Knox County gave up land for the formation of Morrow County in February 1848. The townships of Chester, Franklin and South Bloomfield went to Morrow County.
Mound View Cemetery, Mount Vernon, https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/index.php?title=Knox_County%2C_Ohio&action=edit§ion=10
- Knox County Black History Digital Archives (Kenyon College), African-American History in Knox County, Ohio
- History of Knox County, Ohio, Its Past and Present, compiled by Norman Newell Hill (published: Mt. Vernon, Ohio : A. A. Graham, 1881. 854 p.), includes biographies of people, who lived in Knox County.
- A History of Knox County, Ohio, from 1779 to 1862 Inclusive : Comprising Biographical Sketches, Anecdotes and Incidents of Men Connected with the County from its First Settlement: Together with Complete Lists of the Senators, Representatives, Sheriffs and Other Officers of the County, Also of Those Who Have Served in a Military Capacity from its Organization to the Present Time..., by Anthony Banning Norton, (Columbus : R. Nevins, 1862, 424 p.)
During the Civil War, men from Knox County served in several regiments and companies. The following companies originated in Knox County, so many of the men in these companies were from Knox County:
- Company B, roster
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch – Pilot. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- "Henry Knox," Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Knox.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).