Kuna Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
|Kuna FH Center|
|3305 W Kuna Rd|
|Tue: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
Wed-Thr: 6:30 PM-9:00 PM
Classes & Handouts
The Kuna Family History Center serves the communities of Kuna and Melba and surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide resources to assist you in the research and study of your genealogy and family history by:
- Giving personal one-on-one assistance to patrons
- Providing access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program .
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Kuna Family History Center Calendar
- 4 FamilySearch Indexing
- 5 Center Resources
- 6 Center Services
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 3305 W Kuna Rd, Kuna, ID 83634
- Entrance to Family History Center is next to the North Entrance to the Kuna Stake Building
- Map location for Kuna Family History Center
- Monday: 9:00 - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday: 12:00 - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 6:30 - 9:00 PM
- Thursday: 6:30 - 9:00 PM
- Sunday 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Other Times Available by Appointment, call or email to schedule.
Holiday Closure Schedule: New Year's Day, Presidents Day, Easter Sunday, General Conference Weekends, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Week of Christmas, Week After Christmas, New Years Eve Day
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule and Handouts
- Family History Consultant Training was held on Feb 28 and Mar 3, here are the materials.
- Family History Consultant Training Outline
- Family History Consultant Training Handout Part 1
- Family History Consultant Training Slide Show Part 1
- Family History Consultant Training Handout Part 2
- Family History Consultant Training Slide Show Part 2
- Download Complete Training Handouts & Slide Show - 248MB, Click, then Right Click
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
- The Family History Library Catalog is available online, and can be searched by place name, family surname, resource title, author, subject, call number, film number or key word. Click the down arrow at the end of the Search field to select the category of information you wish to search. If you find a film you’d like to view, you can order that film using the on-line film ordering.
- For more information, see Ordering Microfilm Online. You may obtain a paper Microfilm Request form at your local Family History Center if on-line ordering is not available in your area.
- There is a small fee charged for ordering films and fiche that helps defray the cost of copying and shipping. There is no charge to view films from a center’s “Resident Film Collection.” Some Centers offer access to printers and digital scanners at a per-page cost. Check with a FHC Staff member to ask that Center’s fee schedule.
- Microfilms are typically available at the center for 90 days. Films can become “extended” status films and be made available at that center indefinitely. Microfiche become part of a center's permanent collection (not returned). For more specific information about film ordering, ask a staff member at your local Family History Center.
- All microfilm and microfiche must be viewed at the Family History Center where they were ordered. They cannot be transferred to another Family History Center facility, or be removed from the center to view at another location.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)