LDS Proxy Temple Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
What is in the Collection?
The collection includes LDS proxy temple records for the period before automation. It also consists of registers, family group sheets, and TIB cards. This collection includes records from 1840 to 1970.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
Key genealogical facts found in this collection may include:
- Names of husband, wife, and children
- Dates and places of birth, christening, marriage, death, and burial
- Parent's names
- Additional marriages of family members
- LDS temple ordinance information
- Family representatives
- Sources of information
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know the names of the parents and approximate birth dates.
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the Temple
⇒ Select the Record type
⇒ Select the Vol/Year which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details such as a title, an occupation, or land ownership. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. For example:
- Use the names of the parents' father and mother to find additional generations of the family.
- Use the place and names to locate other records for the time period such as census and church records.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Use this information as a guideline. Be aware that the information has not been verified and may have come from the submitters memory or from family records.
- If you are unable to find your ancestor look for various spellings of the names.
Related Wiki Articles
- LDS Temple Records
- Family Group Records Collection, Archives Section (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "LDS Proxy Temple Records, 1840-1970." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing Family History Department. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah.