LaSalle County, Illinois Genealogy
|LaSalle County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||January 15, 1831|
|Address|| 707 Etna Road|
Ottawa, IL 61350
|Named for: Robert de LaSalle|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
LaSalle County Courthouse, 707 E. Etna Rd., Ottawa, IL 61350
The Official County website is located at http://www.lasallecounty.org
- 1831--La Salle County was created 15 January 1831 from Putnam and Vermilion Counties. County seat: Ottawa 
Places / Localities
The Fox River Colony, in La Salle County, was a gathering place for early Norwegians. []
It was also an area of the first Norwegian converts to Mormonism in the early 1840s. 
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in LaSalle County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- LaSalle Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in LaSalle County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of LaSalle County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Family History Center
Ottawa, LaSalle, Illinois, United States
Hours: M 11am-3pm; T-W 6pm-9pm; W 11am-3pm
- Civil War
Civil War service men from LaSalle County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of LaSalle County.
- - 44th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company A.
- - 53rd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies A, B, C, D, F, I and K.
- - 55th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies G and I.
- - 57th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company A.
- - 58th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company H.
- - 64th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (Yates’ Sharpshooters), Company A.
- - 88th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company B.
- - 90th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company K.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- LaSalle County, Illinois Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), 195. (FHL Collection Ref Book 973 D27e 2002). WorldCat entry.