La Paz County, Arizona Genealogy
|La Paz County, Arizona|
Location in the state of Arizona
Location of Arizona in the U.S.
|Founded||November 2, 1982|
|Address|| 1316 Kofa Ave|
Parker, AZ 85344
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Family History Centers
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
La Paz County Courthouse
1108 Joshua Avenue
Parker, AZ 85344-6477
Clerk Superior Court has marriage, divorce, probate and
court records County Recorder has land records Parent County 
Arizona was part of New Spain until 1821, and then part of Mexico until 1846. Some records of early Arizona settlers may have been sent to an archives in Seville, Spain, or to archives in Mexico City.
Moreover, Arizona was part of the United States' New Mexico Territory from 1846 to 1863. In 1852 New Mexico Territory set up counties that stretched east and west including all the land that became part of Arizona. Present-day La Paz County, Arizona was once part of Socorro County, New Mexico. When Arizona was created in 1863, these former counties were dissolved within Arizona's borders and eventually new counties were formed.
If an ancestor lived in what is now La Paz County, Arizona between 1852 and 1863, first check for records in La Paz County. However, there is also a small chance that a few papers were recorded in a parent county's courthouse in Arizona (if any), or in the corresponding parent county in New Mexico.
|Alamo Crossing (hist.)||Cienega Springs||Love||Pioneer||Swansea|
|Brenda||Harcuvar||Olive City (hist.)||Poston||Vicksburg Junction|
|Cibola||La Paz (hist.)||Parker Strip||Salome|
- Imperial County, California
- Riverside County, California
- San Bernardino County, California
For tips on accessing La Paz County, Arizona Genealogy census records online, see: Arizona Census.
Societies and Libraries
Parker Area Historical Society
1214 California Ave.
Parker, AZ 85344-1500
Hours 10-2 Thurs. & Fri.
Quartzsite Historical Society
161 W. Main St. Quartzsite, AZ 85346
Summer Hours: 9am - 11 am Thursdays
Winter Hours: November - March Wed-Sun 10am to 3pm
Family History Centers
1416 Riata Ave
Parker, La Paz, Arizona, United States
455 S Riggles Rd
Quartzsite, La Paz, Arizona, United States
These are not mailing addresses. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- La Paz County, Arizona Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), La Paz County, Arizona p. 56. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 26. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 X2th.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).