Lafayette County, Florida Genealogy
|Lafayette County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||December 23, 1856|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Lafayette County Courthouse
Main St; PO Box 88
Mayo, FL 32066
County Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records from 1902,
court records from 1907 and land records from 1893. 
1892 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Lafayette County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Official USGenWeb FLGenWeb Lafayette County Site
- Lafayette County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Lafayette County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lafayette County, Florida Page 135 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).