Lake County, Minnesota Genealogy
Guide to Lake County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lake County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||February 20, 1855|
|County Seat||Two Harbors|
|Address|| Lake County Courthouse|
601 3rd Ave
Two Harbors, MN 55616
Lake County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Register has birth records from 1898, marriage and death from 1891, divorce and court records from 1892. Probate Judge has probate records. City Clerk has burial records. 
- 1855--Lake County was created 20 February 1855 from Itasca County. The names were changed in 1855 to Newton and St. Louis. Names were changed again in 1856 with St. Louis becoming Lake and Newton becoming St. Louis.
County seat: Two Harbors 
- For a brief history of how Lake County was named, clickhere, then select Lake County.
Beaver Bay | Silver Bay | Two Harbors
Beaver Bay Township | Crystal Bay Township | Fall Lake Township | Silver Creek Township | Stony River Township
Castle Danger | East Beaver Bay | Finland | Illgen City | Isabella | Knife River | Larsmont | Lax Lake | Little Marais | Murphy City
Lake No. 1 | Lake No. 2
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lake County, Minnesota page 365, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).