Lake County, Ohio Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Places / Localities
Lake County Cemeteries and Index of names.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Naturalization Records - An Alphabetical Abstract of the naturalization petitions from Lake County Probate Court (1860-1906) and Lake County Common Pleas Court (1906-1975). This includes Declarations of Intention and petitions that failed for a variety of reasons. Naturalizations between 1840 and 1860 were done in a variety of courts, which will be abstracted later.
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Lake County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Lake County.
Marriages - Lake County Probate Marriage Records Index 1840-1915
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch – Pilot. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, widowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Morley Library--Best collection of local genealogical materials.
Lake County Genealogical Society This site contains links to their projects, which have a lot of information in them.
Kirtland Ohio Family History Center
8751 Kirtland Road Route 306 (1 mi. south of I-90, red brick church in the valley)
Kirtland, Ohio 44094
Hours open: Wednesday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m and 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Family History Library Catalog
- http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohlake - The GenWeb site has many databases, biographies, vital records, etc.
- http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohlake/vitalrec/probateb.html - Lake County birth records 1867-1908.
- http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohlcgs - The Lake County Genealogical Society projects page with the cemetery inscriptions, naturalizations and other information.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).