Lancaster County, Nebraska Genealogy
Lancaster County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Lancaster County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Lancaster County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1855|
|Address|| Lancaster County Courthouse|
555 S. 10th Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cities and Villages
- A transcription of Wyuka Cemetery (Lincoln, NE) Interments 1877 to February 1881 is available online at http://www.nebraskahistory.org/lib-arch/services/refrence/la_pubs/Those_Who_Slumber.pdf
- Calvary Cemetery, Lincoln
- Malcolm Cemetery, Malcolm
- St. Paul's Cemetery, Elk, also known as St. Paul's Lutheran Cemetery.
- Waverly Cemetery, Waverly
For tips on accessing Lancaster County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lancaster County Genealogy (Nebraska Genealogy)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lancaster County, Nebraska page 432, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).