Lanesborough was first settled around 1753 at which time it was called New Framingham. It was not incorporated until 1765 and at that time the name was changed to Lanesborough. It was named after the Countess of Lanesborough. In the early days there was no court in Lanesborough and matters that required a court were held first in Northampton then in Great Barrington and later Pittsfield.
Mountain View Cemetery