Lang is an extinct plantation, now an unorganized territory (township) in the North Franklin townships of Franklin County, Maine. It was first organized as a plantation from Township 2 R3 West of Bingham's Kennebec Purchase (T2 R3 WBKP) in 1866, and reorganized in 1894 and again in 1895. Lang surrendered its plantation organization in 1935, and has since remained unorganized territory.
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 82 (digital p. 91). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.