Lannarth, Cornwall Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Redruth|
|Parish registers: 1845|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
LANNARTH, an ecclesiastical parish, in the parish of Gwennap, union of Redruth, E. division of the hundred of Kerrier, W. division of Cornwall, 1½ mile (S. S. E.) from Redruth. There are three places of worship for Methodists, each of a different section of that body. 
Lannarth (alias Lanner) Christ Church is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cornwall, created in 1844 from Gwennap, Cornwall Ancient Parish.
The parish church, Christ Church, is in the Diocese of Truro and was consecrated on St Swithin's day, 1845. It is a small stuccoed building and was restored in 1883. The registers date from 1839
The foundation stone of the Anglican chapel (which became the parish church in 1844) in Lanner was laid on 20 April 1839. The Times reported that "On Wednesday, the 20th ult., the first stone of a new chapel at Lanner, in Gwennap, was laid by the Venerable Archdeacon Sheepshanks". Until constituted a parish in 1844 Lanner (or Lannarth) was part of the parish of Gwennap.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Lannarth, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|COPC = Cornwall Online Parish Clerks - free|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|Lannarth, Cornwall Genealogy Parish Online Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Images of parish registers are available online in historic records (formerly Record Search) Images refer to Cornwall County Record Office reference:P 112
Non Conformist Churches
Lanner has a large Wesleyan Methodist chapel. The former Bible Christian chapel is now used as the Village Hall and the former Primitive Methodist chapel is now used as as the silver band's rehearsal room.
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish http://www.cornwall-opc.org/Par_new/l_m/lanner.php George and Sandra Pritchard aslo provide their website http://gwennap-opc.tripod.com/ for the Gwennap area
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241260.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.