Laramie County, Wyoming Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:46, 23 April 2010 by HendricksonP
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
'1867--'Laramie County was created 9 January 1867 as an original county. County seat: Cheyenne 
|Albin||Cheyenne||Horse Creek||Pine Bluffs|
- Banner County, Nebraska
- Kimball County, Nebraska
- Larimer County, Colorado
- Weld County, Colorado
LDS Ward and Branch Records
214 marriages from 7 Feb 1868 to 23 Aug 1899 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- Cheyenne Wyoming Genealogical and Historical Society
P.O. Box 2539
Cheyenne, WY 82003-2539
"Local research volunteers will give 30 minutes of time to research information located in the Laramie County Library Genealogy Room. Additional time needed to research data outside of the Genealogy Room may be billed per an agreement with the research volunteer." Requests for research should have the word "research" in the subject line of emails or on the envelopes of written requests.
- Union Pacific Historical Society
1111 East Lincolnway
Cheyenne, WY 82001-4849
PO Box 4006
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82003
Telephone: (307) 635-5197
The Society was founded in 1984 to preserve the rich and colorful history of the railroad from its beginning in 1862 to the present. It is not connected with the railroad, only wih preserving history.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).