Laramie Wyoming Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 3311 Hayford Ave, Laramie, Wyoming, 82072
- Family history entrance - south side of the building, west door. Handicapped entrance north side of building. Please call in advance if you need handicapped access.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Wyoming Books: Various city and county histories; indexes; some city directories fory Laramie.
- Books on various families; several states in the US; and a few countries such as Canada.
- (Need to develop this a little more. What microfilms and microfiche do we have? Be a little more specific about books.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Seven computers, three laptops; microfilm and microfiche readers, and a printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Albany County Public Library:
310 S 8th St.Laramie, WY 82070
The Albany County Public Library is home to the Wyoming Room with books about the history and past residents of Wyoming.
- Albany Couny Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 6163
- American Heritage Center
University of Wroming
1000 East University Avenue
Laramie, Wyoming 82061
The American Heritage Center includes a manuscript collection about Wyoming and the American West, mining and more. They have a digital collection among which are many photos and documents as well as video and audio recordings.
Albany County: Albany County, Wyoming
Greenhill Cemetery Listings: http://www.cityoflaramie.com/cityservices/cemetery/Cemterylistings.html
Volunteer at the Center
Types of volunteers needed:
- Update the Laramie Family History Center Wiki.
- Volunteers already familiar with some aspect of genealogical research, or willing to learn while researching their own families.