Laramie Wyoming Family History Center
The Laramie Family History Center serves the city of Laramie and outlying areas. Everyone is welcome. Please call with any questions not answered on this page.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 3311 Hayford Ave, Laramie, Wyoming, 82072
- Family history entrance - south side of the building, west door. (This is the side closest to the parking lot entrance with the steps to the building.) Handicapped entrance north side of building. Please call in advance if you need handicapped access.
- Phone: 307-755-5567
- Tuesdays: 6pm-9pm;
- Wednesdays: 6pm-9pm;
- Thursdays 1pm-4pm
- Closed Thanksgiving Day
- Closed the week between Christmas and New Years Day.
Calendar and Events
Classes scheduled as requested. Call for more information.
Staff Training Meetings:
Third Sunday of each month in most months. Please contact us if you'd like to be on the email list to receive reminders. Ask Pat which months are scheduled and add here.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center can show you how to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Wyoming Books: Various city and county histories; indexes; some Laramie city directories.
- Books on various families; several states in the US; and a few countries such as Canada.
- (Need to develop this a little more. What microfilms and microfiche do we have? Be a little more specific about books.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- List premium software and websites available. Also list thier features?
Hardware and Equipment
- Seven computers, three laptops; microfilm and microfiche readers, a projector and a printer.
Staff Research Specialties
- FamilySearch Features
- FamilySearch Family Tree
- How to do volunteer indexing for FamilySearch
Resources in the Local Area
- Albany County Public Library:
310 S 8th St.Laramie, WY 82070
The Albany County Public Library is home to the Wyoming Room with books about the history and past residents of Wyoming. Can someone go to these libraries and determine what types of resources are available? ie. books, public computers, other services.
- Albany Couny Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 6163
- American Heritage Center
University of Wroming
1000 East University Avenue
Laramie, Wyoming 82061
The American Heritage Center includes a manuscript collection about Wyoming and the American West, mining and more. They have a digital collection among which are many photos and documents as well as video and audio recordings.
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Wyoming Family History Centers
- Albany County, Wyoming Wiki Page
- Wyoming Wiki Page
Volunteer at the Center
Types of volunteers needed:
- Wiki Trainer
- Volunteers already familiar with some aspect of genealogical research, or willing to learn while researching their own families. Also, willing to volunteer periodically at the FamilySearch Center during open hours.
- Volunteers to assist with keeping the computers updated.
- Volunteers to index historical records (in your own home).
- Any volunteer with a skill he/she thinks would be helpful to the FamilySearch Center.