Difference between revisions of "Latimer County, Oklahoma Genealogy"
(Added tax intro)
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
==== Church ====
==== Court ====
==== Court ====
Revision as of 01:30, 4 July 2013
Latimer County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Latimer County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Latimer County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Address|| Latimer County Courthouse|
109 N. Central Street
Wilburton, Oklahoma 74578
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1902--Latimer County was created in 1902 from Chocktaw Lands.
County seat: Wilburton 
For tips on accessing Latimer County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Church records vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Oklahoma denominations, view the Oklahoma Church Records Wiki page.
Oklahoma tax records complement land records and can be used to supplement the years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years in the records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Latimer County, Oklahoma. Page 560 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).