Lawrence County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:29, 30 November 2012 by Ltlbites
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County CourthouseLawrence County Courthouse
PO Box 40
Monticello, MS 39654
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage,and court records.
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate and land records from 1815. 
Some records have been lost.
For tips on accessing Lawrence County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Lawrence County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Lawrence County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Light Artillery
- Company F - Bradford’s Battery
- - 7th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company G - Goode Rifles
- - 11th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company G - Hargrove’s Company
- - 12th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company K - Lawrence Rifles [also listed as Co. C]
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lawrence County, Mississippi page 380, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).