Lee County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Lee County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 5, 1866|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
215 South 9th Street
Opelika, AL 36803
Phone: (334) 749-7141
Probate Judge has marriage and land records from 1867,
military discharge records from 1919
and probate records from 1861 
For tips on accessing Lee County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lee County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lee County p. 38. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).