Lee County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
- Main article: Lee County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- Lee County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Lee - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Lee County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 0 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Lee County families include:
- Bicentennial Book Committee et al. Bicentennial History of Lee County, Virginia 1792-1992. n.p.: Lee County Historical and Genealogical Society and Don Mills, 1992. FHL Collection 975.5735 H2b
- Laningham, Anne Wynn and Hattie Byrd Muncy Bales. Early Settlers of Lee County, Virginia and Adjacent Counties. 2 vols. Greensboro, N.C.: Media, Inc., 1977. FHL Collection 975.5735 D2L v. 1
- Lockwood, Frances B. and Hattie Byrd Muncy Bales. Annotations, Corrections and Additions to Early Settlers of Lee County, Virginia and Adjacent Counties. 1978. FHL Collection 975.5735 D2L v. 2 supp
- [Ball] Hoskins, William Woodson. John Ball of Lee County, Virginia and His Descendants: Bell County, Kentucky - Harlan County, Kentucky. Radford, Va.: Commonwealth Press, 1975. FHL Collection 929.273 B21h
- [Bowlin] Bowlin, Gerald D. "Information Given by Newton Rhea Bowlin, Great Grandson of Stephen Osborne and Son of Polly and Richmond Bowlin - 1924," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 4 (1978):2-7. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 1 Includes Lee County.
- [Garrett] Garrett, Hester Elizabeth. A Book of Garretts. Supplement Number Three: This Book Has Corrected and Added Information on Descendants of John and Susannah Garrott of Amelia County, Virginia. It Has Also Some Information on Garretts of Lee County, Va. and of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania ...Utica, Ky.: McDowell Publications, 1983. FHL Book 929.273 G192g supp. 3
- [Hale] Shepard, Clarence E. Head O'Lickin' and There Abouts. 2 vols. Dayton, Ohio: C.E. Shepard, 1998. FHL Book 929.273 H13sc v. 1.
- [Locke] Tiller, Linda Locke, Ardith H. Johnson, Jeanne R. Stanis, and Stella Locke. "Locke Families of Southwest Virginia," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 4 (1978):25-33. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. Page Family Records in Virginia Counties. 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 1982-2006. FHL Book 929.273 P141rdc v. 2 [Lee County appears in Vol. 2 Part 3]
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. The Page Family in Virginia Personal Property Taxes (1782-1850). 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 P141rd v. 1-2 [Lee County appears in Vol. 2]
- [Riggs] Sutton, Rita K. "The Riggs Family (A Partial Genealogy)," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 5 (1978):2-15. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Spencer] Kelly, Margaret J. Joseph and His Coat of Many Colors: An Examination of Genealogical Records Concerning Joseph Spencer of Lee County, Virginia. Arvada, Colo.: M.J. Spencer, 2004. FHL Collection 921.73 Sp33k
- [Sybert] Michaels, Elizabeth Henderson and John Henry Sybert. The Sybert Family of Lee County, Virginia. Morganton, N.C.: E.L. Michaels, 1992. FHL Collection 929.273 Sy14m
- [Witt] "The Witts of Lee County, Virginia," The Appalachian Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 1 (Mar. 1997):64-66. FHL US/CAN Book 975.5743 D25a v. 2, no. 1 (Mar. 1997).