Lenoir County, North Carolina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:51, 27 December 2010 by Murphynw (infobox, adoption sign, new breadcrumb trail)
|Lenoir County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1791--Lenoir County was created 4 December 1791 from Dobbs County. Dobbs County was abolished in 1791.
County seat: Kinston 
1878, 1880--Most court records were destroyed in fires.
- Order uncertified copies of birth, death & marriage certificates from the Register of Deeds
- Free death certificates for NC from 1906-1930 via FamilySearch
- Lenoir County NCGenWeb - various records for deaths and obituaries
- Grainger High School - senior class listings from 1927-1970
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).