Lenoir County, North Carolina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:20, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1 (<A script created by the FamilySearch Wiki Engineering Team modified a link on this page so it will not break when the Family History Library Catalog changes in late December.>)
|Lenoir County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1791--Lenoir County was created 4 December 1791 from Dobbs County. Dobbs County was abolished in 1791.
County seat: Kinston 
1878, 1880--Most court records were destroyed in fires.
- Order uncertified copies of birth, death & marriage certificates from the Register of Deeds
- Free death certificates for NC from 1906-1930 via FamilySearch
- Lenoir County NCGenWeb - various records for deaths and obituaries
- Grainger High School - senior class listings from 1927-1970
- Lenoir County students at NC colleges - via the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).