Lewis and Clark County, Montana Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:49, 6 August 2011 by Larry0011
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1865--Lewis & Clark County was created 2 February 1865 as an original county. County seat: Helena 
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- See an interactive map of Lewis and Clark County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Butte and Helena newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
For marriages from 1865-1887 see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).