Lewiston Idaho Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Lewiston Idaho and Clarkston Washington areas. We have a collection of books, local obits, computers, microfilm printer, many fiche and microfilm already in the center
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 9th & Preston, Lewiston, Idaho
- Enter from Preston on the west side of the building. The door is midway along the side of the building and is marked with a sign. If handicap access is required call ahead for arrangements through another door..
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone:208-746-6910 (shared phone line)
Open Hours: Tue 9:00am-6:30pm, Wed 9:00am-7:30pm, Thu 9:00am-4:00pm, Fri 7:00pm-9:00pm
Holiday Schedule: closed for 1 week at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at Christmas, and at other times as posted on the door.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have computers, microfilm readers, printers, books, obits, etc.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Lewiston library also has a genealogy section
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)