Lexington Parish, Virginia
Lexington Parish has served Amherst County, Virginia. St. Luke's Church at Pedlar Mills belonged to Lexington Parish. St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Clifford (formed 1747) also belonged to this parish.
A few tombstones from Saint Luke's Episcopal Church Cemetery are described at Find A Grave.
More than 50 tombstones from Saint Mark's Church Cemetery are also described at Find A Grave.
- 1800 -- "Amherst Co., Virginia Tax List for Lexington Parish/District - 1800," courtesy: VAGenWeb. Available online.
- St Marks Episcopal Church, Est. 1747, The Episcopal Church
- Ken Dunlap, "St. Luke's Church Pedlar Mills, VA," VAGenWeb.
- "St. Mark, Clifford | History of St Mark, Clifford," The Episcopal Church.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).