Lincoln County, Georgia Genealogy
Guide to Lincoln County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lincoln County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||February 20, 1796|
|Address|| Lincoln County Courthouse|
210 Humphrey Street
PO Box 340
Lincolnton, GA 30817
Lincoln County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Probate Court has court has brith records from 1920, marriage
records from 1810, death records from 1930 and probate records
from 1796; Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records
from 1796 and ladn records from 1790
Places / Localities
Early migration routes to Lincoln County for European settlers included:
- Savannah River pre-historic
- Occaneechi Path pre-historic
- Middle Creek Trading Path pre-historic
- Fall Line Road about 1735
- Augusta-Savannah Trail 1740s
- Augusta and Cherokee Trail 1740s
- Great Valley Road (south fork) 1740s
- Charleston-Ft. Charlotte Trail in South Carolina about 1765
- Ft. Charlotte and Cherokee Old Path in South Carolina about 1765
- Wills, 1796-1832 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book B, 1796-1808 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book E, 1833-1877 Georgia Pioneers
- 1806-1873 - Lincoln County Marriage Books G thru I Index 1806-1873. Batch M713223 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1873-1904 - Lincoln County Marriage Books J and K Index 1873-1904. Batch M713224 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lincoln County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lincoln County, Georgia. Page 157 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/57/Igigeorgiael.pdf.