Lincoln County, Kansas Genealogy
Lincoln County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Lincoln County Courthouse
216 E Lincoln
Lincoln, KS 67455-2097
County Clerk has some cemetery, land and court records
and some local census records from 1913.
Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce,
probate, court and naturalization records 1870.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1870
and military discharge records from 1880. 
1867--Lincoln County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Lincoln 
- Lincoln County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Lincoln County Obituary Index 1863-1879. Web page provides the information to obtain a copy of the obituary.
Lincoln County Death Register, 1886-1989. Index will provide:
- Given Name
- Book and Page
Societies and Libraries
Lincoln Carnegie Library: Library holdings can be searched in Pathfinder Central. The library may have cataloged unique items related to genealogy and local history, in addition to published works for this area.
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lincoln County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lincoln County, Kansas page 252, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).