Liverpool St Silas, Lancashire Genealogy
Liverpool St Silas, Pembroke Place, was created a district chapel or church in 1843 from, and lying within the civil boundaries of Liverpool St Peter and St Nicholas, Lancashire Ecclesiastical Parish.
The foundation stone for the church was laid 5 June 1840 and the church was consecrated 1 October 1841. The parish was amalgamated in 1930 with St Columba and St Simon, 1941 badly damaged by enemy action demolished 1942, marriage services held at St Brides whose records should be searched for marriage entries.Liverpool St Bride, Lancashire
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Online index of Lancashire Births, Marriages and Deaths Lancashire BMD
Lancashire Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource for research in Lancashire Parishes http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/
Online transcriptions exist for Liverpool St Silas' Chapel registers as well as for Liverpool's ancient parish of St Nicholas' baptism, marriage and burial registers. Displayed below are those links to online data for both this chapelry and for the ancient parish of St Nicholas located in the following websites; note the ranges of years:
| This section requires expansion with:
any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above..