Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog, Wrexham
The parish takes its name from St. Garmon (Latin: Germanus) and, to distinguish it from other parishes of the same name, its location, Dyffryn Ceiriog (English: Ceiriog Valley), has been added.
The parish comprises the townships of Tre'rllan, Llowarch and Lloran. For more information see Llanarmon Dryffryn Cieriog, Denbighshire at genuki.org.uk
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Wrexham|
Births, marriages and deaths in Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog are recorded in the GRO indexes as:
|1 Jul 1837 - 1880||Corwen||Corwen|| XXVII (1837-51)|
|1880 - 2 Oct 1935||Llangollen||Corwen||11b (1852-1935)|
|2 Oct 1935 - 1974||Llangollen||Wrexham|| 11b (1935-1946)|
The following Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog Parish Registers have been deposited at the Denbighshire Records Office in Ruthin:
|Baptisms:||1625 - 1991|
|Marriages:||1624 - 1970|
|Burials:||1750 - 1927|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464319.
The parish of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog formed part of the Corwen Registrar's District.
|1841||HO107/1399 Book 5 folio 1 - Book 7 folio 11|
|1851||HO107/2509 folios 616-633|
|1861||RG9/4313 folios 64-70|
|1871||RG10/5684 folios 32-44|
|1881||RG11/5541 folios 116-130|
|1891||RG12/4638 folios 112-122|