Alternately spelled Llanarth and Llannarth. "LLANARTH (LLAN-ARTH),a parish in the hundred of MOYTHEN ,county of CARDIGAN,SOUTH WALES, 13 miles(N. W. by W.) from Lampeter, consisting of two divisions, North and South, and containing 2449 inhabitants. This parish, which is of considerable extent, is pleasantly situated on the turnpike road leading from Cardigan to Aberystwith, and is intersected by the river Llethy, which falls into Cardigan bay at Llanina. The Earl of Richmond, afterwards Henry VII., on the second night after his landing at Milford Haven encamped his forces at Wern Newydd, in this neighbourhood, where he was hospitably entertained by Einon ab Davydd Llwyd, on his route through this county to Bosworth Field." [From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833] For mroe information see Llanarth, Cardiganshire, at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464304.
Maps and Gazetteers