Llanbadarn Fawr, Ceredigion
"LLANBADARN-VAWR (LLAN-BADARN-VAWR a parish comprising the sea-port, borough, and market and post town of Aberystwith, from which the church is one mile distant, to the south-east, and the hamlets of Broncastellan and Clarach, in the upper division, and those of Cwrnrheidol, Elerch, Isâ yn Dre', Uchâ yn Dre', Isâ yn Vainor, Uchâ yn Vainor, Melindwr, Parcel-Canol and Trêvirig in the lower division of the hundred of GENEU'R GLYN; and the hamlets of Llanbadarn Isâ yn y Croythen and Llanbadarn Uchâ yn y Croythen, each of all these hamlets maintaining its own poor, in the upper division of the hundred of ILAR county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES; and containing 9824 inhabitants......" [From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833] For more information see Llanbadarn Fawr at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464302.
Maps and Gazetteers