Llanbadarn Trefeglwys, Ceredigion
"LLANBADARN - TRÊVEGLWYS (LLAN - BADARN-TRÊV-EGLWYS), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of ILAR, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 12 miles (S. by W.) from Aberystwith, containing 982 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Arth, formerly constituted one of the prebends in the collegiate church of Llandewy-Brevi, and was rated in the king's books at £12. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Kilkennin annexed, in the archdeaconry of Cardigan, and diocese of St. David's, rated in the king's books at £6, endowed with one-third of the tithes, and with £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Bishop of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Padarn, or Paternus. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists. The average annual expenditure for the maintenance of the poor is £ 170.2." [From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833] For mroe information see Llanbadarn Trefeglwys at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464302.
Maps and Gazetteers