Llanbedr Pont Steffan, Cardiganshire Genealogy
"LAMPETER (LLAN-BEDR) PONT-STEPHEN, a borough, market-town, and parish, partly in the upper division of the hundred of TROEDYRAUR, but chiefly in that of the hundred of MOYTHEN, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 27 Miles (E) from Cardigan, and 203 (W. by N.) from London, containing, with the hamlet of Trêvycoed 1317 inhabitants. The name signifies the church of St. Peter, the distinguishing appellation having been added from the erection of a bridge over the river Teivy, at the distance of about half a mile, as has been vaguely conjectured, by King Stephen, in one of his inroads into Wales......."
[From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833] For more information see Lampeter, Cardiganshire at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464304.
Maps and Gazetteers