Logan County, Ohio Genealogy
|Logan County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Logan County Courthouse|
101 South Main Street
Bellefontaine, Ohio 43311-0429
Logan County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Champaign County 30 December 187.
- County Seat: Bellefontaine
- Neighboring Counties: Logan County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Hardin (north) · Champaign (south) · Auglaize (northwest) · Union (east) · Shelby (west)
See an interactive map of Logan County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Logan County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Logan County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Logan County Courthouse
101 S Main Street Courthouse
Bellefontaine, OH 43311
Probate Court has birth and death records 1867-1909,
marriage records from 1818 and probate records from 1820;
County Recorder has land, military and burial records;
Common Pleas Court has divorce and court records
Family History Centers
- Duplicate tax records : 1818-1838. FHL film. Also Ohio State Archives film.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Logan County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).