For early monuments (up through 1700) inside London churches, see:
- Payne Fisher and G. Blacker Morgan, Catalogue of the Tombs in the Churches of the City of London, A.D. 1666 (1668; reprint, London: Hasell, Watson, Viney, Ld., 1885). Digitized by Internet Archive.
The Churchyard Inscriptions of the City of London (1910) is also available online.
In addition to the city churches, other popular burial grounds in medieval and early modern London included:
- Austin Friars
- Crutched Friars
- Mercer's Chapel
- Rolls Chapel
- St Anthony's Hospital
- St Mary Magdalen Guildhall
For a modern guide to London's burial grounds, see:
- Wolfson, Patricia S. and Cliff Webb. Greater London Cemeteries and Crematoria. London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., c2005, 2007. FHL Book 942.1/L1 V34w 2005.
- Deceased Online. Includes London Borough of Brent, London Borough of Camden, London Borough of Havering, London Borough of Islington, and London Borough of Merton monumental inscriptions.
- The London Burial Grounds. History, cemetery photographs. David Orme took an 1897 description of the city church cemeteries and updated it with additional sources and modern observations.
- Payne Fisher and G. Blacker Morgan, Catalogue of the Tombs in the Churches of the City of London, A.D. 1666 (1668; reprint, London: Hasell, Watson, Viney, Ld., 1885).