Lower Eatington, Warwickshire Genealogy
Lower Eatington or Ettington, is a parish is the south-west of Warwickshire. The River Stour forms its south-western boundary. The River Dene forms the boundary on the north-east, and Wagtail Brook is on the south-east side. The Fosse Road runs through the parish, and branches from it lead to the hamlet of Fullready. The Society of Friends have long been established in this parish. The Congregational Church dated from July 1800. There is also a Methodist Church,which was erected in 1836.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, non conformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464173.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Salzman, F.,A History of the County of Warwick, Volume 5: 1949 77-84. Date accessed and adapted: 14 November 2013.