Lucas County, Ohio Genealogy
Guide to Lucas County Ohio genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lucas County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Lucas County Courthouse|
800 Adams St.
Toledo, Ohio 43624
Lucas County Website
United States Ohio Lucas County
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Directories
- 2.9 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.10 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.11 Gazetteers
- 2.12 Genealogy
- 2.13 History
- 2.14 Land and Property
- 2.15 Maps
- 2.16 Military
- 2.17 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.18 Newspapers
- 2.19 Obituaries
- 2.20 Public Records
- 2.21 Repositories
- 2.22 Taxation
- 2.23 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Wood and Sandusky Counties 20 June 1835. 
- County Seat: Toledo
- Neighboring Counties: Lucas County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Monroe County, Michigan (north) · Lenawee County, Michigan (northwest) · Wood (south) · Ottawa (southeast) · Fulton (west) · Henry (southwest)
See an interactive map of Lucas County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
- Joy Cemetery, Ottawa Hills BillionGraves
Cemetery records often reveal birth, marriage, death, relationship, military, and religious information.
|Online Grave Transcripts||Published Grave Transcripts||County Cemetery Directories|
|Family History Library|
See Ohio Cemeteries for more information.
- 1796–2004 Ohio, Diocese of Toledo, Catholic Parish Records, 1796-2004 at FamilySearch Historical Records – free. This collection includes images of parish registers recording the events of baptism, first communion, confirmation, marriage, and death in the Diocese of Toledo (Ohio), Roman Catholic Church. These records are accessed by browsing the images by county. In addition to traditional parish registers, this collection includes miscellaneous cemetery records, Books of the Elect, Professions of Faith, Sick Call registers, etc.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Fold3 ($) has Toledo City Directories 1864-1923 (3 yrs. missing) available online.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Archives, Libraries, and Museums
Land and Property
Civil War service men from Lucas County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Lucas County.
- - 1st Regiment, Michigan Cavalry, Company E
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
- - 111th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies E and H
Naturalization and Citizenship
- Toledo Blade, March 1869 - December 2007 - more than 24,000 issues digitized in the Google News Archive.
Lucas County Courthouse
700 Adams Street
Toledo, OH 43624
Clerk Court has divorce and court records from 1850;
Probate judge has birth records 1865-1908, death records
from 1935, marriage and probate records; County Recorder
has land records
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch.org. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Lucas County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).