Ludington Michigan Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Ludington Family Historty Center is located on the lower level of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 416 Melendy Street (at Emily). It offers computers for patron use, access to premium wesites such as Ancestory.com and WorldVitalRecords.com in addition to free access to desktop geneology software. The center also has full access to the 2.6 million microfilms available from the Salt Lake Family History Library containing many unique records. Geneology workers are available to help you in your ancestoral search. Hours of operation:
Summer: Wednesday evenings 7-9pm
Winter: Saturday mornings 10am - noon
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 416 Melendy (at Emily) Enter through the East door off Emily'
Open Hours: Summer: Wednesday evening 7-9pm / Winter: Saturdays 10am - noon
Holiday Schedule: closed
Calendar and Events
August: Census records
September: Local Records - Cemetaries; yearbooks; city directories; church records; vital records
October: Marriage / Death / Birth - vital records. Where / how to find. Tips & tricks, relationship identifier
November: Courthouse Records
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)