Lynnhaven Parish, Virginia
Eastern Shore Chapel fell within the bounds of Lynnhaven Parish.
In 1985, surveys of graves at Old Donation Church FHL Book 975.551 V3g (pages 1-8), Eastern Shore Chapel (pages 9-83), and Emmanuel Church (pages 161-164) were published.
- Mason, George Carrington. "The Colonial Churches of Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Second Series, Vol. 18, No. 3 (Jul. 1938):270-285. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Perrine, Bob. "Old Donation History," available online.
Colonial parish registers have been lost, but the vestry book survives and has been published:
- Mason, George Carrington. The Colonial Vestry Book of Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia, 1723-1786. Newport News, Va.: the author, 1949. FHL Book 975.551 K2m
Marriages solemnized by the Anglican minister of Lynnhaven Parish have been preserved:
1788-1814 - James, Edward W. "A List of Marriages Solemnized by the Revd Anthony Walke [Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County]," The Lower Norfolk County, Virginia Antiquary, 1788-1796: Vol. 2, Part 1 (1897):17-24; 1797-1814: Vol. 2, Part 2 (1897):50-55. Digitized by Internet Archive - free.
Nineteenth- and early-twentieth-century parish registers have been published:
- Walter, Alice Granbery. Lynnhaven Parish Register, 1838-1913, Princess Anne County, Virginia. Virginia Beach, Va.: A.G. Walter, 1986. FHL Book 975.551 K2L.
- Old Donation Episcopal Church (official website)
- Church Point Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- Old Donation Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 264-285.