Lyon County, Minnesota Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:18, 26 November 2012 by Ltlbites
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Lyon County Courthouse
607 W Main;
Marshall, MN 56258-3021
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1874,
marriage records from 1872, divorce, probate and court records from 1880.
County Recorder has land records. 
- 1869--Lyon County was created 2 November 1869 from Redwood County. County seat: Marshall 
- For a brief history of how Lyon County was named, click here, then select Lyon County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lyon County, Minnesota page 365, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).