Macon County, Alabama Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:03, 10 May 2012 by Jaburgess (macon)
|Macon County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1832--Macon County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832.
County seat: Tuskegee 
For tips on accessing Macon County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Macon County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "Nathaniel Macon", Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).