Macon County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Macon County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
== County Courthouse ==
101 E. Northside St
Tuskegee, AL 36083
Phone (334) 724-2614
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and land records from 1835;
Clerk Circuit court has Court Trecords from 1868 
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
1832--Macon County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832.
County seat: Tuskegee 
For tips on accessing Macon County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Macon County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Macon County p. 38. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Nathaniel Macon", Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).