Madison County, Nebraska Genealogy
Madison County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Madison County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1856|
|Address|| Madison County Courthouse|
P.O. Box 290
Madison, Nebraska 68748-0290
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Madison County Courthouse
110 Clara Davis Drive
PO Box 290;
Madison, NE 68748-0290
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1868,
probate records from 1863, divorce and court records from 1907. 
1856--Madison County was created 26 January 1856 from McNeale and Loup(old) Counties. County seat: Madison 
For tips on accessing Madison County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Madison County, Nebraska page 432, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).