Madison County, Ohio Genealogy
|Madison County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Franklin County in 1810.
- County Seat: London
- Neighboring Counties: Madison County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Union (north) · Champaign (northwest) · Fayette (south) · Pickaway (southeast) · Clark (west) · Franklin (southwest)
See an interactive map of Madison County boundary changes.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Madison County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed with men from Madison County.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).