Madison County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:02, 12 November 2010 by Murphynw (Created page with '''United States Image:Gotoarrow.png Virginia Image:Gotoarrow.png Madison County [[Imag…')
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Breeden] Braden, Karl W. The Braden, Breeden, and Breeding Families of Old Virginia (Augusta, Madison, Page, and Rockingham Counties). Winston-Salem, N.C.: K.W. Braden, 1988. FHL Collection 929.273 B727br
- [Clore] Yowell, Claude Lindsay, B.C. Holtzclaw, Charles Herbert Huffman, and Memorial Foundation of the Germanna Colonies in Virginia. Clore, Yager, and Utz Descendants - 1717 Colonists. Harrisonburg, Virginia: Memorial Foundation of the Germanna Colonies in Virginia, 1967. FHL Collection
- [Early] Early, Samuel Stockwell and Robert Stockwell Hatcher. A History of the Family of Early in America Being the Ancestors and Descendants of Jeremiah Early, Who Came from the County of Donegal, Ireland, and Settled in What is Now Madison County, Virginia Early in the Eighteenth Century. Albany, N.Y.: J. Munsell's Sons, 1896. FHL Collection 896567 Item 3; digital versions at Google Books and Internet Archive.
- [Fitzgerald] Hudgins, Dennis Ray. Fitzgerald & Jarrell Families: Orange, Madison, Culpeper, Greene Co. Virginia. MSS., microfilmed 1991. FHL Collection 1597899 Item 11
- [Good] Good, William Algernon. Shadowed by the Massanutten: A History of Life Along Smith Creek, the Good Family Genealogy, and Civil War Notes. Broadway, Va.: W.A. Good, 1992. FHL Collection 975.59 H2g
- [Jarrell] Hudgins, Dennis Ray. Fitzgerald & Jarrell Families: Orange, Madison, Culpeper, Greene Co. Virginia. MSS., microfilmed 1991. FHL Collection 1597899 Item 11
- [Nethers] Noyes, Mary Nethers and Thelma Yowell Coppedge. Line of Arnold Nethers & Ellen Hoffman, Sarah Nethers & Walker Jenkins, Lucy Ann Nethers & Silas Jackson Monroe, Rebecca Nethers & Pascal Jenkins Rappahannock, Culpeper, and Madison Counties, Virginia. 3 vols. Oshkosh, Wisconsin: M.N. Noyes & T.Y. Coppedge, 1980. FHL Collection 929.273 N382nc
- [Underwood] Coke, Ben H. The Underwood Family from Madison County, Virginia. Utica, Ky.: McDowell Publications, 1986. FHL Collection 929.273 Un2c
- [Utz] See Clore.
- [Yager] See also Clore.
- [Yager] Moran, Ruth Eager. "John H. Yager, Madison Co., Va., Revolutionary Soldier," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 24, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1980):18. FHL Collection; digital version at New England Ancestors ($).
- [Yager] Froom, Grace Yager. A Collection of Facts and Recollections of the Descent Lines and the Relationships Among Some Descendants of William Herndon of England and New Kent Co., Va.; Anthony Halberstadt of Hessen Kassel, Germany and Hunterdon Co., N.J.; Thomas Faulconer of England and Isle of Wight Co., Va.; Thomas Haydon of Northumberland Co., Va.; Nicholas Yager of Hesse, Germany and Spotsylvania and Madison Cos., Va.; Lewis Conner, Sr. of Boone Co., Ky. Indianapolis, Ind.: G.Y. Froom, 1983. FHL Collection 929.273 H431f