Madison Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
|Madison Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 19, 1838|
|Address|| 100 North Cedar Street|
Tallulah, LA 71282
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Madison Parish Courthouse
100 N Cedar Street
Tallulah, LA 71282
Parish Clerk has marriage records from 1866,
divorce and land records from 1839, probate
records from 1850 and court records from 1882.
See an interactive map of Madison Parish boundary changes. (map also shows parish boundaries for census years)
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Madison Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Madison Parish.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Louisiana.
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project *Family History Library Catalog
- Madison Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Madison Parish, Louisiana p 292 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Handybook" defined multiple times with different content
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 8 August, 2012)